ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-petition-charter]

Letter in Support of Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC)

  • To: "'npoc-petition-charter@xxxxxxxxx'" <npoc-petition-charter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Letter in Support of Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC)
  • From: "Winterfeldt, Brian" <bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:04:36 -0700

Dear Mr. Beckstrom, Mr. Dengate-Thrush and the ICANN Board of Directors:

Thank you for the opportunity to provide comments on the petition and charter
of the prospective Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC).  I
am a partner in the Intellectual Property Group of Steptoe & Johnson LLP, an
international law firm.

I believe the petition for recognition of the NPOC as expressed in the proposed
NPOC charter adequately explains how the NPOC will improve the ability of the
GNSO to carry out its policy-development responsibilities. I believe the ICANN
community will benefit from a new constituency that will robustly represent the
non-commercial perspective of organizational registrants and organizational
users of domain names.  Also, I believe the NPOC's outreach activities and
outreach plan demonstrate how NPOC will provide a global voice for
not-for-profit/NGOs within ICANN.

Therefore, I urge the ICANN Board to promptly recognize the Not-for-Profit
Operational Concerns Constituency in accordance with Section 5(4) of Article X
of the current ICANN Bylaws.

Respectfully submitted,

Brian J. Winterfeldt
Steptoe & Johnson LLP

Brian J. Winterfeldt, Esq.
Steptoe & Johnson LLP
1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
TEL 202.429.6260 | FAX 202.261.7547
bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think
that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender
at "bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bwinterfeldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>." Thank you.