ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-petition-charter]

Letter of Support

  • To: "npoc-petition-charter@xxxxxxxxx" <npoc-petition-charter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Letter of Support
  • From: Lauren Bowers <lbowers@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:22:04 -0500

Dear Mr. Beckstrom, Mr. Dengate-Thrush and the ICANN Board of Directors:

Thank you for the opportunity to provide comments on the petition and charter
of the prospective Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC).

I believe the petition for recognition of the NPOC as expressed in the proposed
NPOC charter adequately explains how the NPOC will improve the ability of the
GNSO to carry out its policy-development responsibilities. Furthermore, the
ICANN community will benefit from a new constituency that will robustly
represent the non-commercial perspective of organizational registrants and
organizational users of domain names. It is important that they have a voice
and a seat at the table. Also, the NPOC’s outreach activities and plan
demonstrate how NPOC will provide a global voice for not-for-profit/NGOs within
ICANN.

Therefore, I urge the ICANN Board to promptly recognize the Not-for-Profit
Operational Concerns Constituency in accordance with Section 5(4) of Article X
of the current ICANN Bylaws.

Respectfully submitted,

Lauren Bowers

We are sending you this e-mail primarily for your information, to meet
your needs and further our valued relationship. If you prefer not to
receive any further messages from us, just reply to this e-mail and let
us know. Thanks.

American Bankers Association 1120 Conn. Ave NW Wash DC 20036