ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] NPOC ELECTIONS - ALAIN BERRANGER's ELECTORAL PLATFORM FOR POSITION OF CHAIR

  • To: npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] NPOC ELECTIONS - ALAIN BERRANGER's ELECTORAL PLATFORM FOR POSITION OF CHAIR
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:57:26 -0500

Dear NPOC Members,

I have been nominated as a candidate for the position of Chair of NPOC. I
want to confirm my interest to assume the position, if elected. I also wish
to tell you briefly what I have done since joining NPOC and what I intend
to do if elected.

What I have done:

   - Recruited 13 new members from Bangladesh, India, Colombia, Ecuador,
   Costa Rica, The Netherlands, Switzerland, The Gambia, Peru and Pakistan;
   - Participated in the San Francisco ICANN meeting (travel funded by the
   Global Knowledge Partnership Foundation);
   - Produced the French version of the Membership Application form;
   - Currently coordinating, in cooperation with interested NPOC
   Colleagues, the planning of NPOC's participation at the Costa Rica ICANN
   meeting;
   - Participated in the  ICANN’s Joint Supporting Organizations and
   Advisory Committees New gTLD Applicant Support Working Group (JAS-WG);
   This WG came up with financial and non-financial support for worthy
   applicants in developing economies with insufficient financing or in need
   of expert technical assistance.
   - Participating currently in the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP)
   - Part C; The view here is to make it easier, safer and cheaper for
   NFP/NGOs to change registrar.
   - Under delegation from the current Chair, responded on time to all
   ICANN requests for NPOC submissions: Costa Rica NPOC's program; FY
   2012-2013 Work Plan and Budget Request; GNSO Toolkit Checklist Survey
   For FY13;
   - With NPOC colleagues, participated in raising $5350 to fund the
   activities of NPOC at and after the Costa Rica meeting;

What I intend to do, if elected, and in coordination and team work with the
elected slate:

   - Listen to the members' needs and address them into the work plan of
   the Constituency;
   - Continue to grow our membership, specially but not exclusively to all
   developing and emerging regions of the world; Mostly small NGO/NFPs :
   target: 4 new members per quarter, which would represent a 46% increase
   over current and pending memberships numbers by July 2013;
   - Organize 4 NPOC events and 3 more NPOC events at ICANN meetings:
   education, recruiting and policy advocacy events, touching new audiences of
   175 NGO/NFPs by July 2013;
   - Recruit and facilitate the emergence and development of a minimum of 2
   or 3 NPOC member experts in various DNS Policy Development areas by July
   2013;
   - Keep a balance between large and small NGOs membership by broadening
   the number of policy issues addressed by NPOC and by creating mentoring and
   advisory functions (a kind of NPOC Helpdesk) between DNS Experts and the
   NPOC membership needing advice;
   - Coordinate the fundraising to make NPOC stronger, durable and
   effective;
   - Develop strategic partnerships with PIR.org, Global Knowledge
   Partnership Foundation and others like-minded organizations to increase the
   outreach of NPOC.

I hope this platform meets with your approval. Do let me know of any
suggestions or improvements in this platform.

Please vote for ALAIN BERRANGER as Chair, NPOC. THANK YOU!

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA
Member, Board of Directors, CECI,