ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Re: [PC-NCSG] Fwd: [liaison6c] GNSO Council resolutions 12 April 2012

  • To: avri@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Re: [PC-NCSG] Fwd: [liaison6c] GNSO Council resolutions 12 April 2012
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:51:31 -0400

Avri,

Let see if your assumption is correct or if it was more a case that the
language discussed in blending the 2 motions never considered the NPOC
"Whereas clause" of the NCSG motion. They were really not competing motions
but friendly motions - they just had to be blended... The larger outcome is
that by excluding INGOs and considering only IGOs, the resolution will
create a huge problem...

As it stands the resolution excludes INGOs (important members for
NPOC)...but I defer to your experience that says that can be reconsidered
in the PDP process. If that is true, fine... strange ways for a resolution,
but still fine...

The inter-SG relationships require mutual respect, which includes diligent
consideration of specific proposals or requests by all involved.  For
instance, I recall you intervened in the early NCSG motion language when
you asked me if I was OK with removing the ILP reference in the resolution
proper and keep it only in a "Whereas" paragraph, and I agreed.... but that
was obviously a last stand or else ILP would fall off the radar, which is
what has happened.

Alain