ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Re: [PC-NCSG] Fwd: [liaison6c] GNSO Council resolutions 12 April 2012

  • To: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Re: [PC-NCSG] Fwd: [liaison6c] GNSO Council resolutions 12 April 2012
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:29:24 -0400

Bill,

I'm glad you are feeling better... Your testimony is very useful to my
comprehension - thank you. Thanks Mary for your valiant effort and
apologies for not having assumed you would defend the position we had
agreed to... Bill, note than NPOC was not there to do any horse trading.
Sorry my frustration appeared to be arrogance...we sometimes say things we
do not mean or are interpretated differently as what they are meant to or
what we meant to say... like you going to dinner in San Juan!... ;-)...

 I suppose ignorance about ILP is what it is... is ignorance ever a
justification? There is not only one book and one review about ILP but a
full body of knowledge that goes back decades... PhD thesis are written
about it and international lawyers use it in international cases and
courts.

What concerns me more is that we ALL (including myself) forgot about INGOs
and the resolution ends up being about IGOs only... I hope that can be
resolved.... Yes, some INGOs have ILP (that is why I felt it was necessary
in a whereas clause) but they are not IGOs.... who was working for INGOs on
the Council earlier today? The omission of INGOs may have been inadvertent
but it is real.

I hope Avri is right and that we can include INGOs in the issues report...

Alain