ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Executive Summary Fwd: Transcript / December 11 NPOC Conference call

  • To: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Executive Summary Fwd: Transcript / December 11 NPOC Conference call
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:36:35 -0400

Dear All

Please see executive summary notes for the NPOC Meeting Minutes of 11
December below for your kind attention, review and records.

If there are inadvertent errors or omissions please utilise the transcripts
as a more detailed recording of the meeting.

Regards

Cintra Sooknanan

*NPOC Executive Summary Meeting Notes 11 December 2012*
Apologies from Klaus

Present:
Alain
Poncelet
Marie-laure
Eduardo
Olivier
Cintra
Sam

=Eduardo prepared a draft table of contents for the Annual Report and will
share this. The Annual Report is a good idea for promotion of outreach and
transparency to other constituencies and ICANN as a whole. Keep it as
concise and to the point as much as possible while having a collaborative
writing, so some support from the executive and committee members is
expected. Preparation of the report in a digital format and a draft would
be as follows:
1-Message from the Chair, summarising main issues
2-Description of the main NPOC Activities at Costa Rica, Prague and Toronto
as well as at the IGF. Reports were already written and shared with GNSO so
a good starting point. Program Committee to assist with write-up and adding
pictures. Report on highlights on main NPOC input to ICANN working groups
and committees (particularly the IOC/RC position) with Alain and Cintra to
take lead. Membership Report number of members and membership drive writeup
with Klaus taking the lead. Report on NPOC wiki, mailing list and website
done by Eduardo. Financial Report including summary of inkind and cash
contributions done by Eduardo.

This draft will be sent to NPOC Voice for comment, suggestions for
additions are welcome as well as volunteers. The deadline is to be decided
but can say that we can be ready by 15 January 2013.

Alain considered it would be useful to make the Annual Report available at
the Intersessional Meeting in January.

Marie-laure stated that she was on the Thick Whois working group and it was
discussed that it is better to define realistic deadlines than work during
the holiday season.

Poncelet suggested that the 15 January date is realistic if the articles
are placed in a template format and that the email from Poncelet has not
been sent to the NPOC voice members. Eduardo confirmed that the last
message from Poncelet to the NPOC voice mailing list was on the 22
November, but will check with ICANN on this.

Olivier stated that his input on IGF would be limited as he was not
physically at the meeting, however he would volunteer to support
Marie-laure and Cintra on the report review and summary.

*Sam La Franco introduced himself and stated his objectives with NPOC.
Alain thanked Sam and confirmed that he would start giving an introduction

* Cintra gave a summary of her nomination and reasoning for applying for
the NCSG Executive Member position. Eduardo queried whether a  was
confirmed as the NCSG Executive member

*Poncelet gave a report on his experience in Dubai he noted the long days
and the engagement of civil society members. He noted that very few african
countries included civil society members though larger countries such as
the USA had full delegations including business members and civil society.

*Marie-laure stated that the Main Report was sent yesterday. The gender
aspect will be sent when their technical issue is addressed.

Marie-laure suggested we have a coordinated system to cultivate the
relationship with new and potential members. She stated that there has been
some discussion with Fadi Chehade to lead a youth engagement program.

Poncelet added that the new contacts and potential members should be
emailed directly to Klaus and the regional directors copied so that there
is a single point for membership. Poncelet agreed on the ICANN leadership
on youth drive. He confirmed that alot of not for profits have youth
involvement.

*Alain stated that with regard the Inter-sessional Meeting the NCSG was
given 20 travel allocations to go to LA to brainstorm the mechanism of
coming up with and defining policy (traditionally narrow, but taking a look
at a wider view on the knock on effect of DNS policy). Also issues such as
opening bank accounts and other procedural matters. Out of 20, 6 seats were
given to NPOC, 6 were given to NCUC and 8 were given to NCSG wide members.
The decision of the NCSG allocation took a long time to come to an
agreement. The compromise was that one NCSG wide allocation would be given
to Alain as a member of the Executive Committee. There is Olivier,
Poncelet, Marie-laure, Klaus. Also Caroline has some logistical issues with
her expression of interest so in discussions with her.

*Marie-laure noted there is a survey on thick whois open.

*Alain said item 2 and 9 of the Agenda would be put to the email list.

END

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx