ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Beijing Travel Allocations for NPOC members Announced

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Beijing Travel Allocations for NPOC members Announced
  • From: Eduardo Monge Gutierrez <eduardo.monge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:55:07 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

We have received 5 expressions of interest and 2 queries asking for more
information.

An ad-hoc committee of NPOC-Executive Committee Members was formed  for the
sole purpose to select the 3 NPOC members. The Committee was made up of Alain
Berranger  (Chair), Amber Sterling (Secretary), Klaus Stoll (Membership
Committee Chair) and myself (Communications Committee Chair and Acting
Treasurer).

I am pleased to announce that Cintra Sooknanan (ISOC, Trinidad & Tobago),
Marie-laure Lemineur (CECADH, Costa Rica) and Poncelet Ileleji (YMCS, The
Gambia) have been selected unanimously to receive an ICANN Travel Allocation to
ICANN 46 in Beijing 7-11 April 2013.

I thank all NPOC Members who have expressed their interest and/or made a query
on this Call for their commitment to NPOC's work. I encourage all to increase
their participation as time permits, either in elected positions (watch for
2013 elections announcement on NPOC-Voice), by signing up for NPOC Committee
work (Program, Membership and Communications Committees all have openings
available - please email your interest directly to the Chairs) or via ICANN
Working Groups' participation.

Some of you have already mentioned to NPOC-Executive Committee Members that
they will be making their way to Beijing without an NPOC Travel Allocation.
This is great that your organizations are supporting your involvement in ICANN
and/or that you have secured funding on your own.

Please note that all ICANN sessions at Beijing will be available remotely, so
we look forward to your participation in person or on-line.

Best regards

Eduardo Monge
Chair, NPOC Communications Committee
Web site www.npoc.org<http://www.npoc.org>