ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Strategic Panel document "The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint"

  • To: mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Strategic Panel document "The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint"
  • From: "Sam Lanfranco" <lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 19:59:31 +0000

Marie-laure, and NPOC colleagues

I am in the process of reading the Strategic Panel document "The Quest for a
21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint" and it has both agitated and invigorated me to
start writing a comment.
While it is a useful first pass it has a long way to go. My response was going
to be too long so I have decided to write a set of comments, each dealing with
a section of the paper.
Attached you will find my first comments (circa 4 pages) with an overview of
the task at hand for the exercise, that task being to help ICANN refine its
multistakeholder model (MSM)
to (a) better serve the aims and goals of ICANN, and (b) better position ICANN
in the ongoing issues surrounding the Internet ecosystem, including ICANNs role
in shaping Internet
Governance, and dealing with an explosion of stakeholder interest in the
Internet ecosystem.

My Comment 1 is attached. It presumes that one has read the Strategic Panel
document at: http://thegovlab.org/the-quest-for-a-21st-century-icann-a-blueprint

Please read the comment, share it, give me/us feedback, or -as always- remember
that the delete button is just a key stroke away.

Sam Lanfranco