ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Re Strategic Panel document "The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint"

  • To: "Klaus Stoll" <kdrstoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Re Strategic Panel document "The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint"
  • From: "Sam Lanfranco" <lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 21:39:21 +0000

Klaus,

I of course like your idea of getting a public document ready. Here are the
constraints:

1. I have to travel tomorrow, with meetings into the evening. I can spend much
of Thursday, and maybe part of Friday working on such a document. Saturday I
have to travel and do the Jamaica video session in the evening.

2. Before or after such a single document I want to finish two more Comment
documents, the second one on the mess around "Key Principles". The third is on
the "blueprint" part of the document. That  third part is where the "rubber
hits the road" (or misses the road) and the most important. I will work on it
second since it will help clarify the good, weak and bad in the "Key
Principles: part. I would like to achieve two things here. First is contribute
to the substance of the effort (what does ICANN do and where does it go). I
also want to signal that stringing buzz words together does not make a
strategic plan.

SO, If I work on a more overall public document, what is the deadline?  [It is
4:30pm here and I am off line for a couple of hours, dealing with farm work]
I will also work to get the comments out, since they have more depth around
some of the issues that should not be finessed

Ciao, Sam