ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

[npoc-voice] Membership input request on the NTIA decision.

  • To: "npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx NPOC" <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Membership input request on the NTIA decision.
  • From: Rudi Vansnick <rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:01:26 +0800

Dear members,

As many of you have got through the media or other channels, the recent
decision of the US government opening up the contract with IANA, we, in NPOC,
are also requested bringing our vision and proposals with regards the process
ICANN needs to deploy to get through the whole procedure of getting the IANA
monitoring, previously done by the US gov, in own hands. The policy committee
will soon step forward with some views which we want you to analyse and
comment. Thus allowing us to refine and make conclusions we than will bring to
the GNSO and to the ICANN board. This will happen quite soon as ICANN will
close the first round of input on April 7. This means we have to act rapidly,
that’s the reason why I’m sending you this message now. Keep your mailbox
spotted for a message coming from NPOC.

Kind regards and greetings from Singapore

Rudi Vansnick
NPOC chair Policy Committee
NPOC treasurer
rudi.vansnick@xxxxxxxx