ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] call for nominations candidacy as Chair

  • To: "mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] call for nominations candidacy as Chair
  • From: Olivier Kouami <olivierkouami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:11:15 -0300

Hi dear MLL and all,

First of all, I would like to warmly thank you for the great jobs you are
doing as the actual  NPOC Chair and before you became it. Your departure
from that level is a sad news but we have to accept because of the
professional matters you are advancing.

It's true that the role of NGOs and Civil societies in general in the
Internet ecosystem is very crucial. The IG will not be only Governmental
and private sector affair. The expression of the outrage of the people on
the grave violation of human rights and of civil liberties, the threat of
 cyberspace being used as a weapon of war and violation sovereign rights of
countries included least developed countries wich are mainly in Africa. The
global discontent in the way the Internet is being currently governed,
calls for more protection of data in this multilateral mechanisms for the
Internet to ensure democratic governance, cultural diversity, inclusive and
non discriminatory societies, and responsible regulation. I've seen that
you and your team (the EXCOM) trying to address these issues as our formal
and beloved very first Chair of the NPOC, Alain Berranger (RIP).

NPOC merit to continue in this way. So I would like to propose our actual
Vice-Chair (Cintra) as the future Chair of the NPOC.
It's just a proposal from my point of view.
Thank you for all and see you soon.
With my warmest regards, cheers !
-Olevie-

--