ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Election Results

• To: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>, npoc-voice <npoc-voice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] NPOC Election Results
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 10:32:03 -0400

Dear NPOC Colleagues,

I want to thank all who voted. With my election to Chair of the NPOC policy committee I am going to prepare a short discussion paper (max 2 pages) about a strategy for handling the policy agenda within NPOC.

NPOC is a young organization and as such lessons learned play a large role in how it revises structures and processes, both within its existing ICANN Charter, and for any future Charter revisions. It is part of NPOC's mandate to communicate with its membership base with regard to ongoing ICANN and Internet governance discussions within ICANN, and solicit participation in that process via comments, feedback, and participation in ICANN Working Groups. I want to redouble NPOCs efforts on that front, but I want to do more.

The Internet ecosystem is increasingly wide and deep and can impact on the mission, vision and work of the not-for-profit civil society sector in a number of ways. It can do so at a number of levels, ranging from the global DNS and gTLD focus of ICANN down to regional, national and local issues.

I will propose enlarging NPOC's mission within its existing Charter, in collaboration with others, to encompass two things: (a) wider and deeper stakeholder knowledge and engagement in Internet governance and policy issues; and (b) work in collaboration with others on Internet ecosystem issues and priorities as identified bottom up by not-for-profit members of NPOC.

In short, NPOC will say both:

*   "These are the ICANN-centric Internet Governance issues for which
   NPOC members need to have a say"

* "What are the broader Internet Ecosystem and Governance issues which
   concern NPOC members?".

Sam Lanfranco
NPOC Policy Committee Chair

On 28/06/2014 5:34 PM, Cintra Sooknanan wrote:
Dear NPOC members
It is my pleasure to inform you that based on the results of the NPOC elections, the new executive is as follows:
Chair- Rudi Vansnick
Vice Chair- Lori Schulman
Policy Committee Chair- Sam Lanfranco
Communications Committee Chair- Olivie Kouami
Membership Committee Chair- vacant
Secretary- vacant
Please join me in congratulating the new executive and wishing them a productive year ahead.
Kind regards
Cintra Sooknanan

--
------------------------------------------------
"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
------------------------------------------------
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran@xxxxxxxx   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy