ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] Invitation to be a panelist at NPOC's meeting in Prague on June 26th, 2012

  • To: Angie Graves <angie12345@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [npoc] Invitation to be a panelist at NPOC's meeting in Prague on June 26th, 2012
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 16:18:36 -0400

Hi Angie,

It was nice connecting today and I'm thrilled that you are accepting this
invitation.

Below I have updated the session description to take into account most
recent developments, including your acceptance. This remains a draft and we
have until June 4th to finalize this outline for further dissemination.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Session Title: "The impact of the internet and e-Fundraising on
Notforprofits and NGOs"*
*
*
*Overview: The amount of donations raised on line is still relatively small
but is the fastest growing segment of philanthropy. Notforprofits and
Non-governmental Organizations must develop new mindsets, master new
technologies and acquire new competencies and skills to tap these new
sources of charitable giving. While traditional donors often make their
decisions based on cause and administrative efficiency, a new breed of
social investors are looking for outcomes, impact and returns. A
multi-disciplinary panel of experts and practitionners will scan the
evolving e-Fundraising scene and share their experience on the subject.*
*
*
*Agenda: (CEST - Central European Summer Time - UTC + 2) *
*11:00 - 11:05 NPOC Chair Alain Berranger will welcome participants*
*11:05 - 11:15 Tour de table - Remote and in-room participants will
identify themselves*
*11:15 - 12:00 Session Facilitator (TBD) will present Panelists followed by
the 3 session presentations:*
*
*
*1.    Caroline Figueres, Executive Director, International Institute for
Communications and Development (IICD), The Hague, The Netherlands (TBC)*
*        "Title to follow" when speaker confirmed *
*
*
*2.     Angie Graves, President, Worldwide Electronic Broadcasting Group,
Atlanta, Georgia, USA (confirmed)*
*         "User Interface and technology for on-line fundraising"
(tentative title)*
*
*
*3.     Kiran Malancharuvil, Associate Attorney, Silverberg, Goldman &
Bikoff, LLP, Washington, DC, USA (confirmed)*
*        "Legal, fiscal and regulatory environments for on-line
fundraising" (tentative title")*
*
*
*12:00 - 12:20 Questions and Answers (priority given to remote participants)
*
*12:20 - 12:25 NPOC Chair will give an activity and progress report on NPOC*
*12:25 - 12:30 Session Facilitator will summarize the Session*
*
*
*Estimated Number of Attendees: 35*
*
*
*Preferred room set-up: Table in front for 3 Panelists, 1 Session Chair and
1 Session Facilitator + and rows of 30 chairs for audience. We also need a
projector, with connection and screen. We will need Acrobat Connect so that
remote participants can see the .ppt slides. We need minimal space to stand
our banners in view of audience.*
*
*
*Who should attend? Heads of NFPs/NGOs, Officers and Directors in charge of
Fundraising, Communications and Partnerships, CIOs and Heads of IT depts.*
*
*
*General introduction: "The purpose of the NPOC is to represent,
specifically, the operational concerns related to service delivery of
not-for-profit and non-governmental organizations who are domain
registrants in the DNS. NPOC will focus on the impact of DNS policies and
their effects on the operational readiness and implementation of
non-commercial missions and objectives.  NPOC members rely on the Internet
and DNS policies to provide valuable services to their communities."*
*
*
*Adobe Connect Host: to be determined.*
*
*
*
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*
*
*
Angie, in due course, I will need a short bio for the Facilitator.

Let's be in touch

Have a nice week-end and best regards,

Alain

--