ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] Re: [EC-NCSG] NPOC's 12 pending membership applications prior to online NCSG membership form - a proposal to grand-father

  • To: ec-ncsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc] Re: [EC-NCSG] NPOC's 12 pending membership applications prior to online NCSG membership form - a proposal to grand-father
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:45:02 -0400

*Hi Robin and other NCSG-EC Colleagues,*
*
*
*We need  to "mop up" this membership situation together so we can move on
to delivering on our respective vision/mission/programs and other fun
matters. *
*
*
*Let me get back to NPOC memory (ie Amber and Debbie) on some of  this and
come up with a practical way if possible. It would be nice if you could
also get your NCUC memory in play in order to share a word or two on these
12 applicants: when/if reviewed and why rejected, never reviewed, never
seen, etc...*

*Also see my comments embedded in the text below.*
*
*
*Finally, you made no comment on the fact that we have formal NGO
registration documents on hand. It is an important document per se and we
will continue to request it for NPOC membership, beyond the current NCSG
requirements. It is proof of NPOC having completed at the time what was
NPOC requirements. It is only very recently that we have an agreed-upon
NCSG online form (with disagreement on the financing question) and we
cannot hold prior applications to a postiori requirements. So, I think our
proposal, once the "pending list" agreed to, should be acceptable... Those
not on the "true pending" list, can be treated as "new" old applications...
we need an element of grand-mothering and compromise that recognise the
past was the past that the current SG leadership was not accountable for.*
*
*
*I understand we need to minimze the workload but it is not really
acceptable neither to NPOC to tell applicants, legitimate NGOs/NFPs, who
have applied in good faith using the old NPOC form, "Sorry!" the old form
is not good anymore, you must fill in a new form!". I think it is also
desirable that no one loses face in solving this membership transition
issue, for which the current leadership is not responsible.*
*
*
*What do you think? *
*