ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc]

[npoc] NPOC's 12 pending membership applications prior to online NCSG membership form - a proposal to grand-father

  • To: ec-ncsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc] NPOC's 12 pending membership applications prior to online NCSG membership form - a proposal to grand-father
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:46:01 -0400

Dear NCSG-EC Colleagues,

You will recall I sent you the full NPOC membership excel sheet during the
ICANN meetings in Prague for your info and review. I attach it again for
your convenience and perusal.

NPOC-EC proposes to NCSG-EC to approve these pending applications (not
including the 3 under examination by the Ombudsman, ie Pilots N Paws -
United States; National Coalition for the Homeless - United
States; National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry).

These 12 pending applications date back to before the current elected
mandate of the NPOC-EC:

AL AWAEL, Education and Learning - Algeria
ASCD - United States
American Cancer Society (ACS) - United States
British Red Cross Society - United Kingdom
Center for Youth Empowerment & Leadership (Cyel) - Kenya
Child Protection Alliance (CPA) - The Gambia
Corporacion Makia Asesoria Internacional - Colombia
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) - United States
Information Technology Association of The Gambia - The Gambia
Institute de Medicina Tropical Alexader Von Humboldt UPCH - Peru
Internet Society Trinidad & Tobago Chapter - Trinidad & Tobago
PAK Education Society (PES) / Pakistan Development Network (PDN) - Pakistan

We have documented certification on file of formal registrations of these
NGOs with their relevant national authorities and will forward to NCSG-EC
as/when/if required.

Lori and I hope this  proposal will meet with the approval of our NCSG-EC
colleagues.

Once we have received the NCSG-EC approval in-principle of this proposal,
Klaus, as NPOC Chair of Membership Committee, will ask each applicant to
complete the missing elements of the current online form.

That done, the next step would be for NCSG-EC to make a final approval.

Of course, Lori and I, as both NPOC-EC and NCSG-EC members, approve this
NPOC-EC proposal.

To the exception of the 3 disputed applications currently in front of the
Ombudsman, this should put an end to the membership dispute that has
plagued NCSG since the inception of NPOC.

With the new NCSG membership online form, I trust that the membership
application process will be quite smooth in the future. I note, since the
election of the current NPOC-EC, that NPOC members on the NCSG-EC have
approved 100% of NCUC membership applications - certainly an important
outcome in the spirit of the San José agreement of collaboration between
NPOC and NCUC.

Best, Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA