ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[op-budget-fy13]

FY13, gTLDs application fee

  • To: "op-budget-fy13@xxxxxxxxx" <op-budget-fy13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FY13, gTLDs application fee
  • From: Ronald Schwärzler <Ronald.Schwaerzler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:48:45 +0000

I am writing on behalf of punkt.wien GmbH, an Austria based company which has
applied for an own TLD.

Based on our calculations on the received number of applications and fees we
figured out that there must be large surplusses of application fees. Therefore
we urge ICANN that any overage from excess application fees (we estimate at
least between US$ 50,000 and US$ 100,000) should be refunded to applicants.
That does not take into account that there are huge synergies in the evaluation
of the gTLDs (e.g. technical parts), so further refunds should be possible.

ICANN should refund these excess application fees to applicants in a timely
manner.

Ronald Schwaerzler, CEO
Nikolaus Futter, CEO