ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[op-budget-fy13]

Hotel Top-Level-Domain Comment on the FY13 Draft Operating Plan & Budget

  • To: <op-budget-fy13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Hotel Top-Level-Domain Comment on the FY13 Draft Operating Plan & Budget
  • From: "Katrin Ohlmer" <katrin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 19:06:56 +0200

Dear Sirs,

on behalf of HOTEL Top-Level-Domain S.à.r.l. I would like to comment on the
FY13 Draft Operating Plan & Budget.

Based on our calculations on the received number of applications and fees we
figured out that there is a large overage of application fees. Therefore we
urge ICANN that this overage from excess application fees (we estimate at
least between US$ 50,000 and US$ 100,000 per application) should be refunded
to applicants. That does not take into account that there are huge synergies
in the evaluation of the gTLDs (e.g. the technical part), so even further
refunds should be possible.

ICANN should refund these excess application fees to applicants in a timely
manner.

Kind regards,

Katrin Ohlmer

HOTEL Top-Level-Domain S.à.r.l.