ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[op-budget-fy2010]

ICANN Fellowships

  • To: <op-budget-fy2010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN Fellowships
  • From: "Sam Goundar" <sam.goundar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 08:26:03 +1200

Please retain the ICANN Fellowships as I learnt a lot from the
proceedings.

As an Academic of The University of the South Pacific: each semester I
teach around 500 to 1000 students doing the IT majors. I use WebCT to
interact with my students outside the contact lecture hours. My courses
deal with internet and network technologies. I have taught my students
about the workings of ICANN and its proceedings and what ICANN does to
facilitate the operation and use of the internet.

As the President of the South Pacific Computer Society: I have organised
seminars and workshops to create awareness of ICANN and its proceedings
as well as seminars on IPV6. The seminars are attended by various
tertiary students as well as it staff members, who mainly are IT
professionals and IT academics from the south pacific region.

Sam Goundar

31st ICANN Fellow