ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[op-budget-fy2010]

Comments on Proposed FY10 Operating Plan and Budget [Plain Text Version]

  • To: op-budget-fy2010@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments on Proposed FY10 Operating Plan and Budget [Plain Text Version]
  • From: Naveed ul Haq <naveed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:15:54 +0500

Mapping the ICANN’s strategic priorities for Strengthening  ICANN’s
multi-stakeholder model with the proposed budget, I would say that for low
developed & developing countries with high Internet adoption rates,
increase in Global engagement budget is quite encouraging. The learning
experience accomplished through ICANN fellowship program has given me a
chance to understand issues like IDNs ccTLD, IPv6 & DNSSEC and put
contributions towards these issues in my organization and country.
Improving the GAC representation, increasing fellowship participation and
enhancing global presence would definitely contribute a lot in developing
economies. Moreover, in view of cyber threats and Internet stability,
increase in SSR budget would be helpful to address security concerns which
may continue to appear.

Kind Regards,

Naveed-ul-Haq
Assistant Director (ICT)