ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: GNSO Brussels Meeting: Remote Participation Instructions]

  • To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: GNSO Brussels Meeting: Remote Participation Instructions]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 18:22:36 +0200

[To: pdp-pcceg-feb06[at]gnso.icann.org]

[FYI  all council and task force members are subscribed to the above list].

Dear Colleagues

We are proceeding apace with arrangements for the Brussels meetings
to be held on 11, 12 & 13 May.

To facilitate participation by the whole group (which includes those
who are participating remotely) we are using the Shinkuro technology
to enable file sharing, conversation and drafting facilities in
tandem with a teleconference bridge.

You will need to do the following.

1.  Download the Shinkuro software for your computer that you will be
using at the meeting -- www.shinkuro.com -- it is critical for this
to happen as the Shinkuro security algorithm needs to identify each
client device.

2.  Note down your Shinkuro nickname.

3.  Send that name to Glen (gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) -- DO
NOT SEND IT TO THE PUBLIC LISTS

4.  Liz will then "invite" you to join GNSO Brussels meeting group.

5.  You will then see others in the group and you will also see files
that will be used for the meetings -- such as the agenda, logistics,
remote teleconference dial up numbers, powerpoint presentations and
documents.

Come back to us with any questions on this first step.  We have done
a dummy run today using live documents with seven of us.  We did an
earlier run last week with a smaller group.  The Shinkuro staff will
be on hand to provide technical assistance but I would appreciate it
if everyone could do these first steps and familiarize themselves
with the technology.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams