ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

• To: Alistair DIXON <Alistair.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:06:37 -0500

Any experts worth considering should certainly be able to understand that the questions presented are not the black vs white examples cited by Alistair. For example, there is a wide range of possibilities between full retender and perpetual renewal.
David
David W. Maher
Senior Vice President - Law & Policy
Public Interest Registry
1775 Wiehle Ave, #102A
Reston, VA 20190 USA
http://www.pir.org
At 06:56 PM 8/15/2006, Alistair DIXON wrote:
I understand that the question has arisen of what questions should be put to the independent experts. I have not yet had a chance to go right through the document to identify a complete list of questions but following are examples of questions where I think independent experts would provide considerable assistance in moving the work of the task force forward: Should contracts be perpetually renewable or each time they expire should they be fully retendered? Which of these options provides the best balance between promoting competition and investment? Is it appropriate to apply price controls to these sorts of contracts? What should the nature of those controls be? Or is it sufficient just to rely solely on the ability to substitute to other domain names to keep prices at an efficient level?

I will endeavour to post a more complete list of questions once I have gone through the document again.

Regards
Alistair

Alistair Dixon
Industry and Regulatory Affairs

Ph +64 4 920 3098 (Wellington)         Telstra Clear Ltd
Ph +64 29 912 4301 (mobile)                 PO Box 1271
Ph +64 9 912 4301 (Auckland)             Centreport
Fax +64 4 920 3588                                        Wellington

alistair.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy