ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan

  • To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Proposed Work Plan
  • From: Alistair DIXON <Alistair.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:56:08 +1200

I understand that the question has arisen of what questions should be put to
the independent experts.  I have not yet had a chance to go right through the
document to identify a complete list of questions but following are examples of
questions where I think independent experts would provide considerable
assistance in moving the work of the task force forward: Should contracts be
perpetually renewable or each time they expire should they be fully retendered?
 Which of these options provides the best balance between promoting competition
and investment?  Is it appropriate to apply price controls to these sorts of
contracts?  What should the nature of those controls be?  Or is it sufficient
just to rely solely on the ability to substitute to other domain names to keep
prices at an efficient level?

I will endeavour to post a more complete list of questions once I have gone
through the document again.

Regards
Alistair

Alistair Dixon
Industry and Regulatory Affairs

Ph +64 4 920 3098 (Wellington)         Telstra Clear Ltd
Ph +64 29 912 4301 (mobile)                 PO Box 1271
Ph +64 9 912 4301 (Auckland)             Centreport
Fax +64 4 920 3588                                        Wellington

alistair.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx