ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Rapporteur Group A: Working Materials Initial draft from 10/11/06 meeting/reminder of call

  • To: <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Rapporteur Group A: Working Materials Initial draft from 10/11/06 meeting/reminder of call
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:24:04 -0400

Dear Group A Rapporteur Members [and any other interested TF members]

Reminder that we are meeting, via conference call at 11:00 a.m. EST - 1 p.m.
EST on Friday, 10/13/2006. The Secretariat will separately provide dial in
information to all members of the Rapporteur group A.

Two documents are attached:

First, I have excerpted from the bylaws the section on the PDP, to have as a
resource for my own use. I find it very challenging to work from a PDF
version of the bylaws, so I made a simple version/without change and it is
attached, for anyone interested. It is only a background resource

Second. I have taken the earlier Staff provided document of the working
group of the TOR and inserted the draft/straw recommendations that were
discussed on the call. This document is a working document and all straw
recommendations are just that -- assume that they are all in [ ] meaning
that they will be discussed again, and will be refined, edited, elaborated
on, etc., based on the input of the Rapporteur Group.

The document does not replace the written transcript which should be
available soon and will be used to help to make editorial changes, since I
was working from my rough notes, taken while also moderating the call.

Finally, to summarize from other discussions, but not verbatim:
-the Rapporteur Group does not have all the expert/materials it could
benefit from on certain of the ToR and staff is working, separately, on
additional expert materials that will be provided to the full TF, and
benefit this Rapporteur Group. Some additional questions were asked of
staff.

-the rapporteur has also drafted a request to some of the sponsored
registries which is being sent out tonight asking for information, or even a
short participation in the conf. call on Tuesday, if that would be
preferable to provide feedback on the questions asked of the sponsoring
registries.

-the final ToR to be discussed is registry data: this is awaiting a response
from the registry constituency that staff had earlier requested for the full
TF.

Tomorrow's call agenda:

Further discussion/refinement of the straw recommendations on ToR 1 and 2
Discussion of the expert materials status
Status of the registry data definition
Discussion of present feedback from constituencies on registry data/initial
formulation of straw recommendations
Discussion of relevant sections of responses from registries to ICANN/if
posted [may be delayed to Tuesday if not available in sufficient time]
Develop list of further questions, if any to the ICANN legal team, related
to the Table from Annex 3 to PDP Feb 06
Discussion of proposed use of 'experts' for TF to ask questions about
competition, themes emerging from expert materials, etc.
Identification of work for Tuesday, October 17 call

I had hoped to get this to everyone last night, but the press of paying work
overtook me. Bring your suggested edits to the call, of if you are not going
to be on the call, please post to the full Rapporteur Group A.

Tomorrow's call will also be transcribed, as was Wednesday's.

Best regards, Marilyn Cade, as Rapporteur