ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [pdpfeb06-wg1] Final working draft from Rapporteur for Group A/still taking edits from Group A members

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Re: [pdpfeb06-wg1] Final working draft from Rapporteur for Group A/still taking edits from Group A members
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:10:10 +0200

Hi,

I must admit I was surprised at the definition of renewal expectancy as including a rebid. When NCUC first presented this term, that was not my understanding, and I have no remembrance of the 05 or 06 TF ever changing the definition to include the notion of a rebid.

I think that if constituencies want to include a rebid suggestion then it has to go in separately and we can find out what degree of support it has. But i do not understand how it can be included in the definition of renewal expectancy. I also think we should have a consistent definition of RE between 05 and 06. And if we mean something different in 06, then we should create a different term - it was defined for 05 before being redefined for 06.

Note just to be clear: personally i favor neither renewal expectancy nor its stronger form, but, my understanding is that mine is a minority viewpoint.

a.