ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Monday 4 December Meeting/regarding call tomorrow night??

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Liz Williams" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "PDPfeb06" <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] GNSO PDP Feb 06: Monday 4 December Meeting/regarding call tomorrow night??
  • From: "Cubberley, Maureen \(CHT\)" <MCubberley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:31:42 -0600

Good morning Marilyn,

Yes Avri and I did discuss this, and she is willing to serve as interim chair
once again. Thank you Avri.

During the telecom, we did indeed discuss having an administrative/planning
call this Tuesday, however, it has not been possible to accommodate everyone's
schedules, so there will not be a call tomorrow.  It is my hope that the group
will be able to meet in São Paulo prior to the public forum in order to
finalize plans.  I leave that to Avri.

Liz and I had a lengthy discussion immediately after she posted the chart
regarding the terms of reference.  We agreed that the table Liz had prepared,
which was intended to indicate "support" for the terms of reference subsequent
to the two teleconference I chaired that dealt with the recommendations coming
out of the rapporteurs' groups, needed to be reworked.

The point you made in your e-mail last week, is exactly what we discussed -
that that with which we were dealing was not the terms of reference but rather,
 the policy recommendations/straw proposals specific to each of those terms of
reference.

We also discussed the next iteration of the report, and specifically the best
use to make of the so-called " skeleton document". I believe that has been
resolved and Liz is posting that to the list today.

That was my understanding.

Best regards, and have a safe journey and a productive meeting. Wish I could be
there.

Maureen