ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Presentation on ICANN mission

  • To: <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Presentation on ICANN mission
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:36:42 +1100

Hello All,

Attached is a copy of a presentation on the ICANN mission and the GNSO's
role in that mission.

The purpose of this presentation was just to remind the group of the
ICANN mission which is our common goal, and encourage task force members
to ensure that their recommendations are consistent with this mission.
It is expected that task force members may have different views on how
to achieve the mission, but when presenting arguments in favour of a
recommendation where there is substantial contention it is worth
explaining the benefits of the recommendation with respect to the ICANN
mission.

Most of the text is obtained from the ICANN bylaws.

I have added two of the core values that were referenced by Jeff Neuman.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin