ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Presentation on ICANN mission

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Presentation on ICANN mission
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:08:51 -0600

Bruce:
Thank you for making this available.
In the course of your presentation this morning, you were interrupted at one point by Jon Nevett, who asked whether the outcome of this proceeding could have effect on registry agreements after their current terms. I believe you indicated your support for this proposition. Avri asked that further discussion of the question be deferred to the "any other business" portion of the meeting.
It is important that the record of this proceeding include the view of the Registry Constituency as follows:
1. To the extent that this proceeding purports to deal with the limitations on Consensus Policies, or the contract provisions that are covered by those limitations, or both, the proceeding is out of scope for a PDP.
2. This proceeding cannot have any effect on any existing registry agreement, or any renewal or extension of any such agreement, to the extent that the proceeding purports to limit or change the limitations on Consensus Policies in any such registry agreement.
David