ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Proposed Agenda for Saturday 24 March 1500-1800

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Proposed Agenda for Saturday 24 March 1500-1800
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:55:45 +0100

Avri

Thanks for doing that.

Everyone

Here is the link again to the report. http://gnso.icann.org/issues/ gtld-policies/gnso-pdp-feb06-tfr-08mar07.htm Please make sure you read the report before the meeting to expedite discussions. I don't expect an re-opening of issues but am happy to take line edits in the document -- either now or at the meeting. Printed copies of the Report will be available at the meeting.

There have been no public comments posted so far. If this remains the case, we can move quickly to producing the Final Report which will include the missing elements required by Section 11 of the Bylaws. Namely,
"...Within five (5) calendar days after the final task force meeting, the chair of the task force and the Staff Manager shall create the final task force report (the "Task Force Report") and post it on the Comment Site. Each Task Force Report must include:

1. A clear statement of any Supermajority Vote position of the task force on the issue;

2. If a Supermajority Vote was not reached, a clear statement of all positions espoused by task force members submitted within the twenty- day timeline for submission of constituency reports. Each statement should clearly indicate (i) the reasons underlying the position and (ii) the constituency(ies) that held the position;

3. An analysis of how the issue would affect each constituency of the task force, including any financial impact on the constituency;

4. An analysis of the period of time that would likely be necessary to implement the policy; and

5. The advice of any outside advisors appointed to the task force by the Council, accompanied by a detailed statement of the advisors' (i) qualifications and relevant experience; and (ii) potential conflicts of interest.

On the report to the Council, I would expect that we could send the Report to the Council either at the Lisbon meeting or shortly thereafter. The voting can be done online.

Look forward to seeing you in Lisbon.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor