ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[principles-comments]

comment on transparency etc

  • To: <principles-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comment on transparency etc
  • From: "Chris Disspain" <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:38:24 +1000

auDA welcomes ICANN's decision to clarify 'transparency' and 'accountability'.
These words are often used and mean different things
to different people.

We refer to the post made by CIRA..

            "CIRA is concerned however, about the short time period in which
comments are
            sought.  The notice seeking input was posted on October 16th and
the close of
            submissions is scheduled approximately two weeks later on October
31st.

            This is clearly too short a time for many stakeholders to provide
the
            meaningful input that ICANN requires.

            We respectfully request that the deadline be extended to December
31st, 2006.
            An extension of the time for submissions would not prejudice ICANN
in any way
            and would allow many stakeholders to participate in this important
process"

We agree with this. More time is necessary and we believe that the process of
clarifying what the various ICANN constituencies and
their members think 'transparency' and 'accountability' mean and what standards
and processes are necessary would benefit
immeasurably from those constituencies having the opportunity to discuss in Sao
Paolo.

Regards,

Chris Disspain
CEO - auDA