ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[privacy-proxy-study]

Privacy/Proxy Abuse by Illicit Pharmacies

  • To: privacy-proxy-study@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy/Proxy Abuse by Illicit Pharmacies
  • From: "Garth Bruen at KnujOn" <gbruen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:14:52 -0700

As a contribution to the the Privacy/Proxy Study I have prepared this
brief report of abuse of privacy/proxy services by illicit pharmacies.
As an example I have selected 4 rogue pharmacy domains that use the
service WHOISGAURD. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that
WhoisGaurd has no clearly declared ownership itself and operates from a
UPS box. I have forwarded this information to its apparent sponsor:
Registrar NameCheap for comment.

-Garth

 Collect, analyze, enforce, repeat...

Garth Bruen