ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registry-services-report]

Please read this and help me out, regarding NameSecure-Network Solutions consumer theft

  • To: <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please read this and help me out, regarding NameSecure-Network Solutions consumer theft
  • From: "support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <genadm1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:12:37 GMT

Please send all correspondence to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx urging them to allow
domain transfers to other Registrars as they are required to do. See extended
email list below.

Dear people,

I have a domain registered through NameSecure.com and after well over 100 hours
of effort and countless emails to them since late 2004 they still will not
release my domain or acknowledge they are blocking it from being transferred. I
have requested transfer through Aplus.net 4 times since December 2004 and
Aplus.net state that Namesecure have my Admin details hidden from public view
so they cannot initiate a transfer. I have told Namesecure repeatedly and asked
them to fix the problem. They answer indirectly if at all, ignore the problem
every time and do not attempt to solve the problem. This has gone on since last
year.

====Proof 1 Namesecure are blocking my "unlocked" domain======
Reply received on 17th August 2005 from the receiving Registrar Aplus.net

Hello,

I would like to inform you that we will nto be able to complete the =
transfer request for the domain name. That is because we are =
not able to retrieve the administrative contact information for the =
domain in question.

Please contact the current registrar and ask them to remove the privacy =
of the domain name so we could request the transfer. Once this is done =
please let me knwo so I could reinitiate the transfer for you.

Do not hesitate to contact us with any additional questions that you =
might have.

Thank you
Best regards
Joey Gale
Aplus.Net Support.

====Proof 2 Namesecure are blocking my "unlocked" domain======
Reply also received on 17th August 2005 from the receiving Registrar Aplus.net

Hello,
even third party whois search engines are not retrieving the administrative
contact information which is required to be listed in order to transfer a
domain name. For example www.whois.net (which is third party and has nothing
connected with our servers) - when you go and perform whois lookup for
psawa.com you will recieve the following:
    [whois.namesecure.com]
    No Match for "psawa.com"
Instead of "No match" you should recieve the domain contacts if everything
is ok with the namesecore.com servers. On any other whois search engine you
will recieve the same results
We cannot fix that on our end and we also cannot transfer the domain name if
there is no administrative contact listed. Only namesecure.com can resolve
that problem and nobody else. I think you should escalate this issue to
their management if nobody from their regular support line is not helping
you.
Thank you

Philip Petrov
Aplus.Net Support

==== End of email ======

dave@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"?but many people have reported problems that coerced them into renewing with
NetSol for additional years"
* Netsol is short for Network Solutions Inc. , which along with Namesecure is
owned by Verisign.

Also See:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200409/msg00086.html
Subject: [IP] : NetSol finds new way to obstruct domain transfers

*I have read they do this practice to try to force people to renew their
domains through them rather than fight them to transfer it for months or
yearsas I have done, over a $5 domain.
Yes they have been taken to court over illegal activity including masquerading
as the true domain registrar to steal other Registrars clients. The Domain
Registrar Godaddy.com published this information for about a year on their
start page.

*I have read numerous comlaints/descriptions referring to Verisign, Namesecure
and Network Solution which describe each of them as internet PREDATORS.
Verisign have been accused more than once of IP hijacking which should say it
all!

I now know I am not alone in this problem. And that the blocking of my domain
transfer away from Namesecure is intentional, and simply unethical business
practice, as Network Solutions (also owned by Verisign) have been known to
practice repeatedly and been taken to court numerous times over (Ask
Godaddy.com for details, who had customers stolen by NSI, by writing false
renewal notices with their own links to Godaddy's customers).

So I am writing to you, a small but growing list of people I understand have
had dealings with the offending company group, in the hope that this
counteraction can apply sufficient pressure to Namesecure to release my Domain
and hopefully stop this despicable practice.

In the future the recipient list will grow considerably as it has already to
over 350 mostly in the domain reg area. From 1 email per day to 100 to 1000
later this month, until my domain is released by these criminally minded,
business people.

If you don't want to receive 400,000 emails per day shortly (my daily max. on 1
PC) simply write to Network Solutions, Verisign & Namesecure to stop this
practice. See addresses below.
*To verify that Network Solutions & Namesecure are the same company, they have
the same address and Phone number. See:
http://www.internic.net/registrars/registrar-30.html and
http://www.internic.net/registrars/registrar-2.html showing these details.
Search Google to find more proof if needed.

I ask you to write to some or all (bcc) of the addresses below in support:

renewals@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or Jeff.Field@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Field, founder and
president of NameSecure.com)
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
customerservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ABUSE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and reportspam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
payments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kochsner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
sgatoff@xxxxxxxxxxxx
hgranqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxx
shollenbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx (or shollenb@xxxxxxxxxx)
jdunne@xxxxxxxxxxxx (or Jdunne@xxxxxxxxxx )
domreg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
comments@xxxxxxxxx
registry-services-report@xxxxxxxxx
registry-services-report@xxxxxxxxx
new-gtld-questions@xxxxxxxxx
mclaughlin@xxxxxxxxx
roberts@xxxxxxxxx
webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
committee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Contact me for 1000's or registrar-related email addresses.

Apologies to innocent recipients, but I have no choice but to (attempt to)
force this company to act ethically, or give up my domain.