ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registryservice]

Fwd: Potential Danger Ahead for Registrants -- dot-info Abusive Domain Use Policy

  • To: registryservice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fwd: Potential Danger Ahead for Registrants -- dot-info Abusive Domain Use Policy
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again,

According to:

we are allowed to make comments at any time on proposed new services.

I'd like to put my comments below that I posted on the GA list on the
record. I'd oppose setting up registries as judge, jury AND
executioner. Even the UDRP has checks and balances. So should any new
policy, in order to protect the inherent rights of registrants to due
process. Removing a domain name from the zone file, without cancelling
the domain, is surely sufficient for even the most urgent cases of
abuse.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/