ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[registryservice]

Re: mTLD's Proposal for the Allocaiton of One and Two Character .mobi's via Auction

  • To: registryservice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: mTLD's Proposal for the Allocaiton of One and Two Character .mobi's via Auction
  • From: Andres Kello <andres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:34:04 +0200

To Whom It May Concern:

I was not made aware that the Public Comment forum for the .mobi proposal
for "Additional Equitable Allocation Options for .MOBI One and Two-Character
Domains" had already been opened (and closed).

I see that the deadline was May 25, 2011, but as a former member of the mTLD
Policy Advisory Board (PAB) and dotMobi Advisory Group (MAG), I would like
to kindly request that an exception be made based on my previous
correspondence below with Mr. Francisco Arias so that I may submit my
original letter as a Public Comment to this proposed amendment.

There are no relevant public
comments<http://forum.icann.org/lists/mobi-rsep-2010011/>on this
proposal, so I think my feedback is important.  Two years ago I sent
a letter to ICANN (
http://forum.icann.org/lists/allocation-framework/msg00003.html) as a PAB
(Policy Advisory Board) member in support of dotMobi's proposal for the
Allocation of SC SLD's specifically via the RFP framework and went even
farther in my letter of support and specifically mentioned how the auction
allocation method is detrimental to the extension, which is why I believe my
voice needs to be heard on this matter.  I would have never supported this
original allocation had I known mTLD's true intentions were to simply
auction these domains off.

I attempted to contact Mr. Francisco Arias about this but I did not hear
back.

Please advise as soon as possible if I can make a public comment on this
proposal for both public record and ICANN consideration.

Sincerely,

Andres Kello
Mobility.mobi, Owner
Why.mobi, Campaign Director