ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[retransfers-comments]

Support of Comments by Tiger Technologies

  • To: retransfers-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Support of Comments by Tiger Technologies
  • From: Scott Neader <neader@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:08:10 -0500

I want to also applaud this action from ICANN. I have wasted many hours trying to get Network Solutions to release domains that they have "held hostage", just because the domain owner corrected mistakes with their WHOIS contact information.

I had a very lengthy comments I planned to post here, but after reading the comments from Tiger Technologies, most of what I had written would be completely redundant. I agree with EVERYTHING Tiger Technologies has said.

ICANN's regulations are very clear about when a domain registrar can and cannot stand in the way of a transfer request. Correcting the WHOIS contact information is NOT a valid reason for blocking a transfer. Rather, it appears to be a desperate attempt by these registrars to stop the flow of domains being transferred away from their service. This needs to stop. Thank you for taking action.

--
Scott Neader, Owner
QTH.com