ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[retransfers-comments]

Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy

  • To: <retransfers-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
  • From: "Jason Lavigne" <jason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:29:09 -0400

I am the Business Development manager for Rebel.com and I applaud ICANN for
taking these actions. I've had many legitimate transfers to our registrar
denied based on recent changes to the WHOIS. I would also like to call upon
ICANN to take actions against registrars that are not providing a full and
complete WHOIS record when queried through port 43. GoDaddy is also guilty
of this and force all gaining registrars to retrieve the WHOIS records from
the web based WHOIS tool therefore making automated transfers impossible.
They are purposely making transfers away from their registrar difficult for
both the registrant as well as the gaining registrar.

Kind Regards,

Jason Lavigne

Manager

Business Development