ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Presumptive renewal provision

  • To: "revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx" <revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Presumptive renewal provision
  • From: Ross Leavitt <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:09:19 -0500

I am a domain owner, and I just want to say that I think it would be
discraceful to all involved to give verisign what amounts to an eternal
monopoly over the .com registry.  If they would like to renew their
contract, that's great, but they should have to earn it each time!  Don't
let them make you sign this and eliminate competition in the one domain that
drives the internet.
Thank you.

--
Ross Leavitt