ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Name Intelligence objects to the agreement

  • To: <revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Name Intelligence objects to the agreement
  • From: "Jay Westerdal" <jwesterdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:28:29 -0800

Name Intelligence would like to be on the record that it supports the
statement Jonathon Nevett and the other large registrars made in their open
letter to the board. Further, we think ICANN should re-bid the agreement and
stay in court. ICANN staff thinks they will win the lawsuit, therefore I see
no reason to settle with an unreasonable settlement.

- Increasing prices is absurd when prices are going down.

- Monopoly control forever is outrageous.

If this lawsuit is settled with the proposed agreement I gaurentee their
will be lawsuits from other parties fighting this decision. When discovery
happens for that lawsuit all the reasons for settling will come out.

Jay Westerdal
Name Intelligence, Inc.
http://www.nameintelligence.com