ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

Re: Hello

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Hello
  • From: Robert Cobb <robertjcobb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 08:01:30 -0800 (PST)

Beanz - Interesting point. I'd gladly pay $100 if that meant that squatters who
have NO INTEREST in a domain name are squeezed out of the market. A company's
domain name is vitally important to both branding and commerce. These
manipulators are nothing more than ticket scalpers who hike up the price of
sports tickets, its just they do it for domain names here. There is good reason
to suspect that in these bidding schemes there are shill bids done by companies
themselves.

  If ICANN wants to raise prices to $100, thats fine by me.

 Yahoo! Mail