ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

re: ICANN/Verisign Agreement

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: re: ICANN/Verisign Agreement
  • From: Ken Kaprielian <ken@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:57:15 -0500

To whom it may concern,

I most strenuously object to the rewarding of any part, parcel or piece of
the domain name registration business to Verisign.   Surely, there MUST BE
some other alternative to find a group or operation to do so without
resorting to price raises or who would expect to hold perpetual management
rights.  Verisign's reign as king before the splitting up of the
registration business during the Clinton Administration was absolutely
horrible.  Can we NOT SEE a return to position of authoritative rights over
tlds and rate increases for Verisign?

 Sincerely,

   Ken Kaprielian
   IAC WebServices