ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[revised-settlement]

This settlement is good for the internet

  • To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: This settlement is good for the internet
  • From: Dan Curtice <dancurtice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 08:26:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi. I'm an IT entrepreneur who is dependent on the
internet for my livelihood. There are millions of us
out here!

Registrars- quit it. People will still by domains and
all you'll do is pass the cost to the consumer, so why
are you complaining?

We need investment in the infrastructure of the net as
there are more users around the world. Unlike in most
models, the price to support more users INCREASES the
cost, not decreases. This is a smart plan to
compensate for the growing use of the internet. We're
happy to see ICANN taking action in this regard.

Dan