Re: This settlement is good for the internet
- To: revised-settlement@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: This settlement is good for the internet
- From: "Core list user" <core@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:06:12 +0100 (CET)
I would like to comment on your assumptions.
- Registrars will pass on the price increase
This will happen for some of the increase. The rest of the price increase
will be swallawed by the registrars, especially when the registrar sells
a webhosting/domain package.
- Investment on infrastructure
Having done a lot of work on the CORE++ .net offer, I have gathered some
experience in registry cost calculations. The price to support more users
drops significantly when you calculate another million names in.
What we have also learned in the past is that competition is a strong
motivation for better services and better price. The revised settlement
will completely eliminate competition.
CORE Council of Registrars