ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[rproproposal]

I back the proposed changes

  • To: rproproposal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I back the proposed changes
  • From: wmfars@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:33:59 -0400

I, too, fully supportÂthe relaxation of the procedure for .pro domain
extension. The changes are sound, reasonable and necessary for thisÂdomain
extension.

I believe thatÂthe extensionÂwould provide excellent opportunities for more
reliability andÂnew expression on the web.ÂIt easily is brandable to users
that serious,Âcredible business services can be found with a click of a
button.Â

I agree that professionals of all sorts, worldwide, should be given the
opportunity to register these names. Much like mobile (.mobi) and television
(.tv/misnomer aside), pro (.pro) isÂaÂterm that isÂlargely known the world
overÂinÂEnglish and as aÂ'root'ÂinÂa majority of the mostÂspoken
languages.ÂThis includes Spanish ("profesional"); Portuguese ("profissional");
Italian ("professionale"); French ("professionnel"); Romanian ("profesional");
Czech ("profesionÃlnÃ"); Norwegian ("profesjonell"); Turkish ("profesyonel");
Latvian ("profesionÄls"); Lithuanian ("profesinis"); Slovak
("profesionÃlny"); and Indonesian ("profesional").

Significantly, the allowance of registration of second level names on their
own, with continued affirmation as to TOS and audit system, is far better for
the extension than requiring third level domain registration for registering
second level names, with redirect. In this light, such changes would probably
reflect in the decrease of registration pricing, which needs to be reduced from
$99 per year. ThisÂunquestionably wouldÂlead to more registartions, an aspect
often regarded as crucial for any extension to take off.

I truly wish the .pro extension well and wish to be a part of it as a licensed
professional. Thank you for your consideration,

Regards,

Paul V. Farkas, Esq.