ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sac051-draft-roadmap]

Comment on Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC 051

  • To: sac051-draft-roadmap@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment on Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC 051
  • From: Andrew Sullivan <asullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:08:34 -0400

Dynamic Network Services (Dyn.com) supports the specific
recommendations in the roadmap for implementation of SAC 051:

    1.  We support changing the terminology around WHOIS in order to
    distingish the service, data, and protocol.

    2.  We support proposals to replace the WHOIS protocol with an
    alternative that provides facilities to address the needs of the
    contemporary Internet.

    3.  We support proposals for the ICANN community to address
    internationalization issues in the Domain Name Registration Data
    Access Protocol.

We are participating in efforts in the IETF to develop a new protocol
to address these issues and the shortcomings of previous candidate WHOIS
protocol replacements, and expect to develop and deploy alternatives
to WHOIS as soon as such alternatives are viable.

--
Andrew Sullivan
Dyn Labs