ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[sac051-draft-roadmap]

Verisign Labs Comments on the Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC 051

  • To: "sac051-draft-roadmap@xxxxxxxxx" <sac051-draft-roadmap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign Labs Comments on the Draft Roadmap to Implement SAC 051
  • From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:30:50 +0000

Verisign Labs supports the three recommendations in the report: 1) "The ICANN
community should adopt the terminology outlined in this report in documents and
discussions...", 2) "The ICANN community should evaluate and adopt a
replacement domain name registration data access protocol...", and 3) "The
ICANN community should develop a uniform and standard framework for accessing
DNRD...".  With regard to suggestions about how to achieve these three
recommendations, we believe that, for policy issues (in contrast to protocol
issues) the bottom-up consensus process should be used to ensure that
implementation may be uniformly enforced for all contracted parties.

We are actively following the progress of the Internet Engineering Task Force
as it considers chartering a working group to develop protocol standards. We
will actively participate in the effort to develop protocol standards for a
whois-replacement service.

Scott Hollenbeck
Director, Verisign Labs