ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[second-milestone-report]

Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Expanding Developing Economies Participation in the New gTLD Program

  • To: second-milestone-report@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] Expanding Developing Economies Participation in the New gTLD Program
  • From: Eleanor Afful <periadwoa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 09:15:38 +0000

More awareness  of the gTLD, ccTLD and .Africa related issues need to  be
created along side its implementation. This will improve  the understanding
of the whole concepts of gTLD and the IDN in order to increase the size of
its usability  since it has been slow adopting to this generic and country
code concepts in most developing countries I guess. Due to lack of
financial,  policy  and technical resources  less participation in the
usability at the developing economies level had led to slow adoption of
gTLD. There is the need to develop strategies  such as awareness creation,
capacity building to adapt the gTLD and IDN  to existing and future
technologies for the developing economies..