ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

Simple Question For ICANN: Under the proposed contract, when can .com be tendered?

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Simple Question For ICANN: Under the proposed contract, when can .com be tendered?
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 02:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

To further sharpen the analysis in my prior comments

http://forum.icann.org/lists/settlement-comments/msg00007.html

I'd like ICANN's staff or counsel to add to their FAQ at:

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-24oct05.htm

the answers to:

1) What is the latest theoretical date under the existing 2001 contract
that .com can be put out to public tender? (i.e. after all possible
mandatory renewals)

2) Under the new proposed contract, what is the latest theoretical date
under the existing 2001 contract that .com can be put out to public
tender? (again, after all possible mandatory renewal)

I believe the answer to Question 1 is November 11, 2011, and answer 2
is INFINITY.

Please provide the answer BEFORE the end of the comment period.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/