- To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: ICANN/Verisign agreement
- From: "Evenson, Mark" <MEvenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:47:45 -0500
* The proposed .com renewal contract should be reworked to reflect
the Internet community's concerns.
* The gTLD namespaces are a public trust; no registry operator,
including VeriSign, should be given indefinite control over them,
especially one as important as .com.
* VeriSign's unilateral price increases that are not cost-based
and not subject to approval should not be allowed.
* All ICANN fees should continue to be approved by the Internet
* Internet users should not have to pay an unreasonable "ICANN
Tax" or pay more for domain names just to increase VeriSign's profits.