ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN should not sign this Settlement!!

  • To: settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN should not sign this Settlement!!
  • From: Julian Matz <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:14:16 +0000

Dear ICANN Staff,

My name is Julian Matz, and I represent "NetLink IT & Internet Services" in Ireland. I have read about the proposed settlement between ICANN and Verisign, and quite frankly I was shocked!

On behalf of NetLink IT, all of its customers and clients throughout the Republic of Ireland, and myself, I ask you kindly not to sign this settlement.

The outcome of such a settlement would not provide benefits to the Internet community that both ICANN and Verisign were intended to serve.
ICANN is supposed to act as an administrator of the Internet on behalf of the Internet community. This proposed settlement however benefits ICANN and Verisign _at the cost of the community_. This should really not be acceptable.

Please consider comments made by all members of the Internet community, and act appropriately.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Julian Matz