ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

ICANN should not sign this Settlement!!

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN should not sign this Settlement!!
  • From: "Syed Agha" <syedagha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:39:42 +0530

Dear ICANN Staff,

My name is Syed, and I represent "New Generation Systems" in India. I have
read about the proposed settlement between ICANN and Verisign, and quite
frankly I was shocked!

On behalf of NGS, all of its customers and clients throughout the India and
world wide, and myself, ask you kindly not to sign this settlement.

The outcome of such a settlement would not provide benefits to the Internet
community that both ICANN and Verisign were intended to serve.
ICANN is supposed to act as an administrator of the Internet on behalf of
the Internet community. This proposed settlement however benefits ICANN and
Verisign _at the cost of the community_ This should really not be
acceptable.

Please consider comments made by all members of the Internet community, and
act appropriately.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Syed