ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[settlement-comments]

injustice with internet community

  • To: <settlement-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: injustice with internet community
  • From: "Rajiv" <rajiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:16:18 +0530

This is rajiv from param web solutions, Rajkot(Gujart-India), we are in the
field of domain, hosting since last 7 years representing my customer's voice.

This is ridiculous.
  a.. If this agreement is done in between verisign and ICANN then this would
recognised at biggest unfair with total internet community.
  b.. This will strongly affect our business and ofcourse total revenue of
ICANN. People will find alternet domain extension and will not continue .com
domains.
  c.. One can not convince people for .com as the domain price is increase 7%
per year, this will directly affect total it business and the growth will be
reduced.
  d.. As the rate of web services is down due to the competition in hardware
market and if icann and verisign increase 7% for .com just for earning money
this is total inconvincing.
  e.. People will find alternate because everyone wants growth and this affect
directly with the growth of the internet community. ICANN & Verisign can earn
short tem profit by doing this agreement but for long term they also loose
customers and revenue.
  f.. Customer get better services due to competition so competition is
necessary for better services to community, it may happen that some other
extention will popular within next 15 yrs and then no value for .com domain....
I strongly disagree with this proposal and condemn against this agreement.

Rajiv Pandya
Param Web Solution